International Burch University Senate is the highest educational and scientific, academic and technical body of the University, consisting of representatives of academic staff and students, which shall decide on all academic issues, particularly issues related to teaching, scientific, artistic and professional activities of the University. The Senate shall decide on academic issues at the proposal of the organizational units of professional bodies and other bodies of the University and student representative bodies. At least 15% of Senate members are students, and student representatives from each cycle of studies.
Senate consists of at least one representative from each department of organizational units from among teachers and associates with full time employment. Organizational unit representatives are elected by the Council of organizational units. Members of the Senate ex officio are: the rector, vice rectors and deans of the organizational University units. Current composition of the Senate is as it follows:
- Prof. Dr. Teoman Duman - Rector and Senate Chairman;
- Assist. Prof. Dr. Zafer Konakli - Dean of Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences;
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Azamat Akbarov - Dean of Eduaction Faculty;
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Gunay Karli - Dean of Faculty of Engineering and Information Technologies;
- Assist. Prof. Dr. Jasna Hivziefendić - Faculty of Engineering and Information Technologies;
- Assist. Prof. Dr. Senad Bećirović - Eduaction Faculty;
- Malcolm Duerod, Senior Teaching Assistant - Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences;
- Eldin Milak, Teaching Assistant - Eduaction Faculty;
- Adnan Novalić, Senior Teaching Assistant - Faculty of Engineering and Information Technologies;
- Ceylani Akay – Student Representative;
- Lejla Bandić – Student Representative;
- Kemal Nedžibović – Student Representative;
The Rector of the University is a chairman and manager of the Senate and in his absence one of the vice-rectors or a member of the Senate authorized by the Rector is a replacement. Questions from the scope of work and organization of the Senate are regulated in details by the University Statute (Articles 20-24).