Ured za publikacije
Standardi i vodiči
Publications office of International Burch University represents the main meeting point of all types of publications coming from inside of the University as a result of a quality process, and science based approach.
The publication office serves the academic and administrative staff of International Burch University with a professional approach to the creation of vibrant, high quality, recognizable and unique material (journals, books, proceedings, symposium proceedings, guides and any other related material). All this is done with the ongoing approach from the conception to the final printed sample.
Responsibilities of Publications office are:
- Being a mediator between library, designers and University staff in the process of preparing valuable publications
- Working on standardization of all official publications by University, wherefore we will build a unique, standardized and recognizable material
- Providing proofreading service, contact with other publishers (i.e. Cambridge publishing)
- Preparing the annual report on University's publications which will be part University's self-evaluation report
- Maintaining Publication office web page
- Thesis and Project format checking in the final stage.
- Sharing knowledge with Journal Editors from the University in terms of tracking journal articles, creating and updating the web page content and other issues.
- Promoting University's publications online via social networks and by preparing other types of promotion materials with Journal Editors
- Assisting in preparation of all University's Journals to be included into valuable databases (Scopus, Elsevier, Thompson Reuters...)
- Standardize online submission system for all journals
- Work on impact factor tracking of all journals
- Promote plagiarism free content through usage of Cross Check
- Monitoring of Journal issues and making sure that they use APA referencing style
- Continuously working on adding Doi numbers for journal articles
- Assuring that all articles are standardised with the same format requirements plus grammar corrections
- Reviewing draft version of journal issue to eliminate errors before publishing
- Continuously checking and suggesting corrections for journal’s web page
- Helping in Conference proceedings and Book of abstract preparations as well as resolving the issues of ISSN, ISBN numbers
- Checking language, format and reference before the book is finally published
- Ordering ISBN number with librarian for the given book
- Working on cover page design proposal
It will do this through rebranding and redevelopment of a broad range of marketing materials, a systematic referral program for customers and the University, care with customer satisfaction, and a focus on marketing training for all employees. Marketing will be a total activity and not just one area of what the company does.Our services are focused on developing marketing plans that:
- Enable you to meet your marketing objectives
- Reach your target audience by leveraging a range of channels
- Manage the University’s external vendors, including advertising and media agencies
- Have measurable results and outcomes
- Deliver BURCH’s unique value proposition
- Deliver print, digital and multimedia collateral that fulfil the goals of your marketing plan or project brief
- Follow best practices, in cooperation with the Designers Office in print advertising, email marketing, PR, graphic design, Web design and search engine optimization (SEO)
- Build and protect the University’s brand position and identity
- Communicate the University’s brand presence
All advertising for the University, its schools and colleges, and its departments must comply with the BURCH University Brand Standards and be approved by Marketing and Promotion Office prior to submission to media.
Publication office serves to all units of International Burch University in creating quality scholarly work. Therefore Publication office will provide assistance in the publication process in terms of the following:
- Reference checking
- Seminars and trainings
- Searching for partner publishers
- Providing support in organization of book promotion events
- And more.
International Burch University (IBU) as a publisher encourages publishing high quality, plagiarism free scholarly work. Therefore one of the priorities of publication office at International Burch University is to assure that each stake holder in the publication process follows clear ethical guidelines. IBU is a subscriber to the iThenticate-Plagiarism Detection Software (CrossCheck) which assures detection and tracing of any kind of plagiarised sources. Furthermore one of IBU journals, Journal of Economic and Social Studies is a member of Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) worldwide forum of publishers and journal editors from different scholarly fields.
Related to previously mentioned Publication office developed sequence of guidelines which can be found under Standards and Guides menu item.