Social Sciences Research Center and the Faculty of Law in Bihac organized a two-day international scientific conference entitled “Bosnia and Herzegovina and Euro-Atlantic Integration – Current Challenges and Perspectives“.
Within the opening ceremony participants were addressed by:
– Prof. Dr. Nevzet Veladžić , Dean of the Faculty of Law of the University of Bihać
– Prof . Dr. Mehmet Uzunoğlu , Rector of the International Burch University
– Prof. Dr. Refik Šahinović, Rector of the University of Bihać
– Prof. Josip Kregar, Professor of Law, University of Zagreb
– Prof. Dr. Borislav Petrović, Dean of the Faculty of Law, University of Sarajevo
– Prof. Dr. Izudin Hasanović, Dean of the Faculty of Law, University of Tuzla
– Mr. Sci. Maja Rimac Bjelobrk, Directorate for European Integration Representative
– Mr. Sci. Emdžad Galijašević, Mayor of Bihać
– Farko Hodzić, Chairman of the Parliament of USK
The objectives of the conference were to promote the values of the process of integration of Bosnia and Herzegovina into the EU and NATO, activities that Bosnia-Herzegovina implemented in meeting its obligations under the Stabilisation and Association Agreement, as well as informing citizens about the importance of Euro-Atlantic integrations. The event was attended by eminent domestic and foreign experts.
“In the last five years, B-H is standing still, almost nothing was done even though it’s been 15 years since the start of the accession to EU” said Prof. Dr. Nevzet Veladžić , Dean of the Faculty of Law.
“This conference has a great importance for essential discussions of legal, economic and political issues and offering solutions for improvement and helping this country on its way to European integrations” , emphasized Professor Mehmet Uzunoğlu, International Burch University Rector.
Amon other particišants many eminent experts in the field of law and international relations from the Croatian also attended the conference. This country last year became a full member of the EU, after having gone through a difficult process of joining the European community. For professors Josip Kregar, from the Faculty of Law in Zagreb and Member of Parliament, the accession to European integration is not only the realization of political, economic and other interests of its members, but also mutual solidarity, which is often the only instrument of survival in an uncertain world.
During the two-day conference more than 100 scientific papers on topics of the education of human rights in Bosnia and Herzegovina, higher education – challenges and perspectives in modern times, and the challenges of regionalization in Bosnia-Herzegovina and Croatia was presented.