The Senate of International Burch University is the highest educational, scientific, academic and technical body of the University, consisted of representatives of academic staff and students, which shall decide on all academic issues, particularly issues related to teaching, scientific, artistic and professional activities of the University. The Senate shall decide on academic issues at the proposal of the organizational units, professional and other bodies of the University and student representative bodies. At least 15% of Senate members are students (representatives from each cycle of study).
Senate is consisted of 16 members. Among this composition, there are members of the Senate ex officio, i.e. the rector, vice rectors and deans of IBU faculties. Current composition of the Senate is as it follows:
- Prof. Dr. Damir Marjanović - Rector of International Burch University
- Assist. Prof. Dr. Sanela Klarić - Vice Rector for Scientific Research and International Cooperation (no right to vote)
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Adisa Omerbegović Arapović - Vice Rector for Education and Student Affairs (no right to vote)
- Assist. Prof. Dr. Nedim Čelebić - Vice Rector for Planning and Development (no right to vote)
- Assist. Prof. Dr. Mersid Poturak - Dean of Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Senad Bećirović - Dean of Faculty of Education and Humanities
- Assist. Prof. Dr. Jasna Hivziefendić - Dean of Faculty of Engineering and Natural Sciences
- Assist. Prof. Dr. Nataša Tandir - Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences, Professors’ Representative
- Assist. Prof. Dr. Ibrahim Murat Oner - Faculty of Education and Humanities, Professors’ Representative
- Assist. Prof. Dr. Ahmed El Sayed - Faculty of Engineering and Natural Sciences, Professors’ Representative
- Sen. Teach. Ass. Emina Mekić, MA - Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences, Assistants’ Representative
- Sen. Teach. Ass. Mehrija Hasičić, M. Sc. - Faculty of Engineering and Natural Sciences, Assistants’ Representative
- Teach. Ass. Lejla Bandić, M. Sc. - Students' Representative of Third Study Cycle
- Ina Salihović, B. Sc. - Students' Representative of Second Study Cycle
- Una Sedić - Students' Representative of First Study Cycle.
The Rector is a chairman of the Senate and in his absence one of the vice-rectors or a member of the Senate authorized by the Rector is a replacement. Jurisdiction and organization of the Senate are regulated in details by the University Statute.