On 6th of April International Burch University in cooperation with the Pedagogical Institute and Sarajevo Canton Ministry of Education hosted Physics Competition for the high schools from Sarajevo Canton area.
160 students from 17 different schools joined the Physics Competition, which was based on the four groups: Mechanics, Electromagnetism, Optics and Atom Physics. According to the final results, among all participants’ schools, Sarajevo College was ranked first with total points of 699, the second was International High School with 694 points, and third place won the First Bosniac Gymnasium with 421 points.
All students who won the first place were awarded with 300 KM, second place with 250 KM and the third place with 200 KM, which were handed by Rector Deputy Assoc. Prof. Dr. Azamat Akbarov. 4th and 5th students also got the opportunity to join Federal Physics Competition. Beside that, students from the C group got the special award, scholarship for study at Burch University, in amounts from 50 – 30 % from the first to third place.
Here are the final results of the competition:
A-1 Category, 1st Grades
1. Ademović Sakib, Turkish- Bosnian Sarajevo Colleague
2. Nermedin Džeković, International School Sarajevo
3. Kenan Saračević, International School Sarajevo
4. Haris Popovac, International School Sarajevo
5. Hana Babacić, International School Sarajevo
B Category, 2nd Grades
1. Aida Škamo, Turkish- Bosnian Sarajevo Colleague
2. Edina Ražanica, International School Sarajevo
3. Faris Mulahasanović, International School Sarajevo
4. Dunja Radić, International School Sarajevo
5. Selen Čović, International School Sarajevo
A Category, 3rd Grades
1. Enes Kriještorac, First Bosniac Gymnasium
2. Abdulah Jašarević, Turkish- Bosnian Sarajevo Colleague
3. Medina Saračević, Turkish- Bosnian Sarajevo Colleague
4. Fadil Žilić, Turkish- Bosnian Sarajevo Colleague
5. Muaz Kasumović, Turkish- Bosnian Sarajevo Colleague
C Category, 4th Grades – International Burch University Scholarship Awards
1. Nudžeim Selimović, International School Sarajevo
2. Senad Isaković, International School Sarajevo
3. Mustafa Bevrnja, First Bosniac Gymnasium
4. Suad Krilašević, 2nd Gymnasium
5. Džana Drino, 1st Gymnasium
International Burch University wishes all of the success to all participants in their future high school and university education.