The conference is a result of the collaboration between the Center for Social Sciences Research of Burch University and the Faculty of Law in Zenica
On 6th of December in the Hotel Dubrovnik in Zenica was held a scientific conference on the topic “Bosnian-Herzegovinian legal traditions in the process of adjusting to the legacy of the European Union", organized by the Faculty of Law of the University of Zenica and the Centre for Social Sciences Research of International Burch University.
In the opening ceremony of the conference attendees were addressed by:
- Prof. Dr. Halid Kurtović, Dean of the Faculty of Law in Zenica
- Prof. Dr. Safet Brdarević , Vice-Rector for Academic and Student Affairs at the University of Zenica
- Prof. Dr. Mehmet Uzunoğlu , Rector of the International Burch University
- Mr. Esad Oruč, director of the Center for Social Sciences Research of International Burch University
- Maid Pračić , Secretary of the Ministry of Education, Science , Culture and Sport ZDK
The intention of the organizers was to consider the overall legal traditions of Bosnia and Herzegovina in the light of adapting the legal legacy of the European Union, which is jointly proclaimed as the goal of all countries in the region. President of the Organizing Committee Assoc. Prof. Dr. Dževad Drino said that the organization of this one and similar scientific conferences can be seen as a kind of preparation for the processes that Bosnia and Herzegovina has to take during the European integrations.
In addition to the representatives of Bosnia and Herzegovina, the meeting was attended by the representatives of Croatia, Serbia, Montenegro, Macedonia and Albania, as well as representatives of judicial institutions in the country.