Fourth International Conference on Foreign Language Teaching and Applied Linguistics (FLTAL '14) has started at Burch University.
On 9th and 10th of May International Burch University is a host of International Conference on Foreign Language Teaching and Applied Linguistics FLTAL '14, which has a goal to bring together researchers, practitioners, and educators with interests in a language teaching and linguistics under the theme “Linguistics, Culture, and Identity in Foreign Language Education”.
The conference was opened on 9th of May with a welcoming speech, Assoc. Prof. Dr. Azamat Akbarov, the main organizer and Chairman of 4th FLTAL Conference, who greeted participants in various languages and expressed his hopes that they will have fruitful work in this yearsa conference. Addressing the guests, Prof. Dr. Mehmet Uzunoğlu, Rector of the University, also welcomed the attendees extending his congratulations to FLTAL '14 Organizing Committee.
Later on the conference opening was continued with addressing of:
- Damir Mašić, Federal Minister of Education and Science
- Mrs. Androulla Vassiliou, European Commissioner for Education, Culture, Multilingualism, Sport, Media and Youth
- Prof. Dr. Bernd Ruschof, AILA World President
- Prof. Dr. Dragan Marušič, Rector of University of Primorska
- Prof. Dr. Ljerka Ostojić, Rector of University of Mostar
- Prof. Dr. Ismail Yuksek, Rector of Yildiz University
- H.E. Ivan Del Vechio, Croatian Ambassador in BiH
- H.E. Iztok Grmek, Slovenian Ambassador in BiH
- Ms. Christine McNeal, Deputy Ambassador of the UK Embassy in BiH
- Mr. Nicholas M. Hill, Charge d'Affairs of the US Embassy in BiH
Great contribution to the FLTAL ’14 gave distinguished professors Steven Pinkert from Department of Psychology of Harvard University and Ronald Langacker from Department of Linguistics from University of California, San Diego, with their keynote speeches, which were attended by numerous guests interested in topics of in language teaching and linguistics.
Right after the keynote speeches various sessions of the conference, attended by participants and many guests, started and will keep lasting until 19:30.
FLTAL '14 will be continued tomorrow with keynote speeches of Professors George Lakoff, Alison Mackey, Nick Elis and Norbert Schmitt, as well as with various sessions and presentations of participants.