First International Scientific Workshop and Hands-On Seminar on Machine Learning Application in Medicine (MLAM15) took place at our University on January 15, 2015.
International workshop, organized by Selcuk University from Turkey and International Burch University had an aim to attract quality research works, provide a platform for discussion of research findings and build effective collaboration between university, industry and other research institutions.
The workshop brought together computer scientists interested in machine learning with medically-inclined machine learning researchers and medical experts to discuss challenges and opportunities at the intersection of these two fields. It presented exciting advances in the application ofmachine learning methods in medicine through keynote talks, tutorials as well as single-track sessions. Participants also had allocated time for collaboration and informal discussions.
Speakers at the conference were professionals from BiH and Turkey:
• Bekir Karlık, PhD, Selcuk University, Konya, Turkey - "Machine Learning Applications in Medicine"
• Abdulhamit Subaşı, PhD, IBU, Sarajevo, B&H - "Machine Learning Applications in EMG"
• Jasmin Kevrić, MSc, IBU, Sarajevo, B&H - "Machine Learning Applications in EEG"
• Emina Aličković, MSc, IBU, Sarajevo, B&H - "Machine Learning Applications in ECG"
• Fatma Zehra Gogus, MSc, Selcuk University, Konya, Turkey - "Analysis and Classification of Biomedical Sounds"