At the start of each new academic year, International Burch University hosts an Awards Ceremony to recognize employees who have achieved exceptional success. The Awards Ceremony allows the University to recognize outstanding individuals who have contributed to the University's work or have achieved distinction in some other field.
Mr. Timothy Donald Fisher, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, delivered the opening remarks at the ceremony, praising all employees for their accomplishments in the previous year.
The first part of the Award Ceremony recognized employees who celebrated their tenth anniversary of employment at IBU this year. Achieving ten years of work experience in one place is an impressive accomplishment that deserves special recognition and reward. Assoc Prof Mersid Poturak, Rector of International Burch University, awarded certificates of appreciation and special gifts to those employees. Employees who have achieved ten years of experience at IBU are Assoc. Prof. Dr. Emina Zejnilović Zebić, Assoc. Prof. Dr. Erna Husukić, Assist. Prof. Dr. Ceylani Akay, Assist. Prof. Dr. Ibrahim Murat Oner, Admir Salihagić, Samir Bulić, Senahid Kahteran, and Mirdin Zilić.
The ceremony continued with a celebration of those employees who have demonstrated exceptional academic performance, professional commitment, and personal contribution to the University. Mr. Timothy Fisher presented special awards for the academic year 2021/22.
Among those honored were:
- The Award for Outstanding Contribution in 2021/2022 to the Students Satisfaction – Teaching Assistant, Adem Olovčić
- The Award for Outstanding Contribution in 2021/2022 to the Master&PhD Supervisions – Assoc. Prof. Dr. Monia Avdić
- The Award for Outstanding Contribution in 2021/2022 to the Research Projects – Assist. Prof. Dr. Alija Kožljak
- The Award for Outstanding Contribution in 2021/2022 to the Writing, Publication & Exhibitions – Assist. Prof. Dr. Ensar Mekić
- The Award for Outstanding Contribution in 2021/2022 to the Industry & Burch Incubator Involvement – Assist. Prof. Dr. Ermin Cero
- Administrative Professional Contribution Award for 2021/2022 - Ajdin Mekić.
At the end of the ceremony, a certificate of appreciation and a special gift were prepared for Assoc. Prof. Dr. Sanel Halilbegović, who had contributed to the university's development in the previous period through his innovative work and special advocacy.
We congratulate all of the staff members and wish them a prosperous new academic year.